Saturday, April 26, 2008

THE THING ABOUT ONLINE SCAMS

Have you ever been scammed on the internet? Well, if you are like me you would have had a few not so good experiences with the so-called internet gurus.
After a number of experiences, I have become wiser and will never make the same mistakes again.
I used to have the erroneous believe (out of inexperience) that one can make lots of money on the internet without so much effort. A few lost dollars and frustrations later I now know better and I have made up my mind never to allow others fall into the same pit I fell into.
I have learnt that making money on the internet takes a lot of cmmitment, hardwork, lots of patience and learning. Remember nothing good comes easy.
This article is not to say that wealth creation on the internet is impossible am just saying that there are too many scammers out there on the internet and they usually prey on newbies (newcomers) and the inexperienced on the internet.
They use various means and hype in their marketing efforts to get your attention and ultimately your money and leave you high and dry. I remember my first experience with a site(I cant remember the URL now) the site gimmick, promised I can make $1000 in just a week without doing so much with little or no experience. Now ,as at that time I needed a lifting and was ready to do just about anything to make money but not stealing or crime, in short, I was desperate,
I quickly funded my e-gold account and made my payments, you can imagine my frustration after paying $49.99 through my e-gold account and am still waiting for a response from the site owner today 3years and disappointments later. I practically did all I could to contact the site owner through the email given on the site until my mail started coming back as undelivered. The only response I got was the confirmation that my payment was received.
All efforts to reach them on the site proved abortive, I therefore gave up and licked my wound of frustrations. It was painful need less to say that I lost believe in the internet. My second experience was funny too but I can tell you that it was my fault to have become a victim of an internet scam the second time.
So, how can you recognize a scam on the internet? There a re various ways, the followings are some of the things to look out for:

1. Most scam sites will never give a phone number on their site. In fact, if and when they give, try calling such numbers its either it’s not working or it’s disconnected.

2. There is always so much hype about the product or program, too many marketing terms are cramped into the sales letter and it usually have a very strong sense of urgency for you to pay up or join the program. If you pay, the product will not be anything near what was said about it in the sales letter. Consider this advert “Make $2500 in just 2 weeks, the best program ever online, sign up today and start making money with no effort or little experience”. My advice when you see such is RUN! RUN!!RUN!!!
3. Another thing is the content of the site: the grammar is usually badly composed. You will usually find too many grammatical blunders on the site.However; most of them have perfected this by giving their articles to freelance copywriters who help them with good write-ups.
4. They will not disclose their address, and will only give you an email that is most likely non-functional, When you see an email on a site you are interested in, send them and email with the address given ,if you don’t get a response in 3 days, then forget it, serious minded business will usually respond within 48 hours.
5. They will not display the secured site code on their site and will most likely avoid using the secure and more reliable payment processors such as paypal.
6. They usually carry too-good-to-be-true promises, remember if it’s too good to be true then it probably is, e.g. the stuff envelopes from home.
7. If an offer for an online business requires you to keep a business a secret, then you must know that you are in for a scam.
8. When you get emails from people you don’t know asking to transfer money to your account and requires your account details, dear friend avoid it at all costs. In fact delete the message immediately.
There are other ways to discover these scams, but the points raised here will definitely help, if given attention.
In case you have had one experience or the other in the area of internet scams, I will appreciate it if you can leave a comment and your experiences here as we all can learn from them.
I remain faithfully yours,
+27795719372
Ajayi Samuel A.

No comments: